Friday, May 7, 2010

Book Burrow


I'd love if someone locked me in one of these rooms.  Do you ever feel like the books you want to read neverends?  I have to say I never want to not feel that way, but still it can be exhausting.

The other day I heard this story on NPR about this girl who did an internship as a librarian at the Riker's Island prison.  The prisoners could pick out any book from their gigantic collection to read.  She said they were all voracious readers and thank her so much. 

I'd love to go on a trip where all I do is read for a prolonged period of time, nothing else.


(First two: not sure where they're from.  Bottom: DesignSponge)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fantasize about being Belle in Disney's Beauty and the Beast, and being given a multi-story library of my very own!

DM said...

Oh Anzie I'm with you! I'd actually pay for that!

Thomas Hogglestock said...

These are great pictures. Have you ever been in a room filled with books that, on closer inspection, were so completely outside your realm of interest that they might as well not have been there at all?

DM said...

That's a terrible feeling, and one I've only felt rarely. A few distant relatives come to mind with libraries filled with self-help and toy train books. (shivers)

The Down East Dilettante said...

Oh, Bosh to completely outside the realm of interest. That would be a room full of new horizons. (Oh, okay, so I'm not really interested in violin making....)

Now, if only I had that armchair in the bottom photo, I'd get my list of seven finished in no time...

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dear Daniel, I fantasise about a holiday where all I do is read... I love all the rooms in the pictures you've used, especially the last one. I did a post about bookshelves a while back. http://fashionsmostwanted.blogspot.com/2009/12/i-love-books.html xx

W.E. said...

Just discovered your blog after much too long wandering the blogosphere and am now quite smitten...especially with this post and that wonderful first room chockablock with books. Thank you for sharing!
W.E.
diaryofawanderingeye.blogspot.com

DM said...

Thank you for wandering in, W.E. Be sure to stay a while, the kettle's always hot in here!

Your blog is gorgeous as well! So inspiring and witty!