Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Eccomi


Maurguerite Burnat-Provins, Confiance

Ciao tutti!  Vivo! 

Sorry for the delay in posting, but alas! moving to another country is never easy.  This time seems to be especially trying as I'm staying for a long time and getting all my paperwork in within a short time has been near impossible.  You who have been here understand the glass windows, the evil government workers, the endless lines to nowhere, etc. etc.  The positive side is I feel much more confident with my Italian, which helps me be a bit more assertive even able to crack a joke with the lady taking care of my Permesso di Soggiorno which went over well.  I'm also forcing myself to be independant, refusing to beg my Italian friends for their assistence.

There is so much I want to share, but it will come with time but for a few hints we will first be discussing my Italian class, my landlord with a glass eye, Maurizio, my new job, where I've been living this month and soon to move: the Bat Cave and the Milanese.  But all with time.

I've been able to get some great shots of some people and places and a few minutes ago when I tried to upload the photos from my camera, just realized I didn't back the cord that connects to the USB.  Quelle Nightmare!  Can I buy one in a store or do I have to get someone to send me mine from home?

6 comments:

Rosemary said...

Glad you have settled in safely. Surely you can buy a USB in Italy that will suit.

Hannah Stoneham said...

I love this picture - and glad to know that you are settled if not completely sorted in Italy!

Anonymous said...

miss you!

Anonymous said...

I had this amazing dream last night about coming to visit you. Your flat was gorgeous - lots of levels but all connected and forming smaller rooms. It was on the top floor and very dimly lit. Does that sound right?

Unknown said...

ah yes, we have the same lines here.

good luck with it all!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Methinks you can buy one there. And hurry, because I want to meet the landlord with the glass eye!!