Monday, April 2, 2012

The Enchanted April


Have I titled one of my blogposts with this same name?  I believe so...I digress.

The family arrives in just hours, and I'm busy making preparations.  All very Emma Recchi of me hustling from here to there, although scrubbing the shower and floor, would probably be below her.  My apartment's as shiny as the top of the Chrysler Building!  I hope to spend our time together like in the book The Enchanted April, under wisteria (see above), climbing endless hills, exploring towns (hopefully) less traveled, and nibbling on fegato.

The weather report seems more optomistic than previously reported and if I have anything to do with it, will surely prove to be gorgeous!

I''ll see you all in a few weeks, loaded down with photos and stories of vineyards, ancient monasteries, and white sneakers.  Now I'm off to make that Bolognese, need to feed the creatures something!

3 comments:

Thomas Hogglestock said...

I love the black and white photo a lot. Since reading The Enchanted April I have taken to spelling (at least in my brain, if not on paper) wisteria the way they do in the book: "wistaria".

And I love your header picture. The crisp black and white makes an already beautiful setting even more intriging.

DM said...

I think in my next life I'll come back as wistaria!

Thank you so much for the compliment, it's Lago Maggiore, a place only 30 minutes away but one I've visited only twice!

Laurent said...

très vif, the last paragraph in particular in its danielism, leading to the acerbic palette in the last picture, completely rescuing it from the prosaic. you have a superb sense of your natural scale, and I know how elusive that can be!