Monday, January 3, 2011

Mi recherò a Milano


I'm sure all of you have been tossing and turning, desperate to know what the future holds for Hibernian Homme.  Many of you (cough cough..Thomas) were very close in your guesses! Well I'm pleased to announce that as of February 8, our headquarters will be moved to Milan!  I've wanted to live in Europe, oh forever, so for the chance to finally arise has me jumping like a cow over the moon.  Everything has been going very smooth and if things work out (visas etc) I'll be staying for a while.

I hope you are all as pleased as I am, and will follow my progress in Italy on this blog -which I promise to keep up ever faithfully.  If any of you are from the Old World get in touch, I'd love to hear from you.  

The picture from the previous post was a staircase in the wonderful 10 Corso Como.  Oddly enough, in the gallery was a photo collection featuring a photograph of a train station four minutes from where I grew up.  Anywho, here's a photo of my Belgian friend, Lydia, and I enjoying an apertivo at the 10 Corso Como Cafe:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO exciting! you will love it!

P.Gaye Tapp at Little Augury said...

as Lucia would say "delicioso"

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dear Daniel, how wonderful! I love Corso Como. I'm sure you will be very happy. Wishing you a fabulous 2011 xx

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! But sad for me, because now you'll be even further away! I sincerely hope you get to stay for quite some time, as we want to come visit you but won't be able to quite yet...

W.E. said...

Fantastico DH! When you've settled into your new surroundings, stop by one of my favorite Milan shops: RAW at Corso Magenta 96. Bellissima!

The Down East Dilettante said...

This is just so brilliant for you! Tell us more! My only regret is that you will not be in Providence when I make my annual trek to the mean bank trustees in Providence in March. But, what hey. Your fans are thrilled.

DM said...

Sarah- I'll be needing some pep talks from an old pro!
L.A- From Mapp and Lucia?!
Christina- please DO come down on a shopping excursion, per favore?
Anzie - I hope I can stay too, maybe by that time I'll have a three seater bike to give you guys a grand tour!
WE- I think I've passed by there, but my imaginary shopping bags were weighing me down too much to go in...
DED- I'll send my mom to visit, she's great with mean bank trustees!

P.Gaye Tapp at Little Augury said...

caro mio, but of course!

Laurent said...

Somewhere between marvelous and intolerably enviable, D-H. Don't push me, I'll short your sheets.