Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Signs and such


I have talked about Ben Pentreath's blog before and I'm going to have to do it again.  He's just come back from a trip to Italy and has brought back with him gorgeous pictures of the countryside and especially scenes from Sicily.  He has captured for our pleasure the gorgeous typography found on street and building signs scattered around the island.  So many Art Deco samplings I'm on overload.  See more here.


Sicily is really one of the places I wanted to see when I was in Italy, and was supposed to visit my friends summer place there in August (plans made prior to knowledge of visa expiration).  When I return I want to experience these signs first hand, along with the food, the beaches, the pastures, the food, the crazy dialect and the food.
 

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

I was really surprised when I saw Ben's photos on your blog. I too, am a great fan of Ben's and we regularly buy things from him. I have a look online, and then my husband goes to his wonderful, wonderful shop when he is in London, and gets what I have seen and like.