Friday, January 14, 2011

James Lees-Milne, Continued

Because I'm not over my James Lees-Milne phase I'll share a few more from his collections at the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library:

James Lees-Milne, Pamela Mitford, and Nancy Mitford. 1926.

Richard Stewart-Jones and James Lees-Milne at Curragh Chase. 1938

Richard Stewart-Jones was one of the many who passed on his property to the Landmark Trust after his death.

James Lees-Milne and Helen Lees-Milne, his mother.

From what he writes she sounds absolutely hysterical and someone you want to be around at all times.

4 comments:

quintessence said...

Love the shot on the steps. Evidence of a gentle elegant time gone by.

DM said...

Life was so simple then!

W.E. said...

I am still trying to get over your impressive 2010 reading list...adding many of the titles to my "to be read" list for the year and now you introduce us to another author of great interest!?! You must (never) stop these wonderful distractions!

DM said...

I shan't WE...not ever!