Monday, May 9, 2011

Grey Gardens Strikes Back


Summer was in full bloom in Italy, but here, the buds are just bursting.  A few more hot days will hopefully get us back to scheduling.  We hope, lest I have a nervous weather breakdown.

On the subject of nervous breakdown, as I've come home I seem to be returning into the 'Grey Gardens' state I've lived in for the past 24 years.  I'm not sure if this is a good thing (it is) but the whole time away I didn't really think about crazy old eccentrics (at least as much as normal) and now they are flooding back.  Maybe this is why I had such a hard time blogging?

That's all for today, but it's nice to be back, and I forgot to tell you, 'You look absolutely terrific, honestly!'

5 comments:

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Daniel:
Although we thought at one time that as we grew older we should, like Penny Joseph, wear purple, in fact we are mostly to be seen in black, thus your image has a particular appeal and poignancy.

We return to Budapest at the start of next week when, we hope, it will be blue skies and sunshine all the way.

The Down East Dilettante said...

Ha, Daniel, you know perfectly well that the late New England Springs (and I assure you, having been in Providence a couple of weeks ago, that RI is positively tropical and lush compared to eastern Maine), are what breed eccentricity on such a grand scale---Welcome home!

W.E. said...

Dearest DH, I imagine your return is bittersweet still, just the same, Welcome Back! Hopefully you bottled up some of that Italian warmth to get you through this lingering NE chill.

Blue said...

Welcome back, indeed. I'm sorry it didn't work out.

Laguna Beach Fogey said...

So do you.