Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Snows of Kilimanjaro

For the first time I've had this thing, I seem to be having a sort of writer's block or bloggers block, I can't say I'm a writer. 

Several things have been keeping me busy, working on my garden, work period, running again, learning how to fly-fish, etc. so I guess that's my excuse.  Does that work?

This time of year I want to throw all technology into the sea and work in the yard in my underwear, forgetting the neighbors can still see me.


We're working for a man who looks JUST like Ernest Hemingway at this age.  Even his interests are the same!  His writing came up the other day (after my proding) and I mentioned the two were doppelgangers. 
He said that was the best compliment anyone has ever given him.

4 comments:

W.E. said...

Love this reference to Hemingway! Just read A Moveable Feast and want to pack my bags for Paris ASAP....don't worry about the blockage...give yourself a break...some time away from posting pressure. You'll be ready in no time and I can't wait!

DM said...

He was an interesting character! I've never read A Movable Feast but should get on it. Every person I know who's read it always say they NEED to plan a trip. I'd like to read it whilst I'm there!

Anonymous said...

was obsessed with hemingway in highschool. i was determined to move to spain with my artist friends and sit around and drink sangria all day and talk about art... one day...

DM said...

Someday soon!