Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Questions Alice can answer

Has anyone read Ask Alice, by D.J. Taylor yet?  Yesterday when I was dropping a few things off at the library I spotted this cover on the new release shelf:


I had to do everything in my countenance not to Charleston across the room and snatch it up!  (I can't help but judge a book by its cover when this is the cover) Then I saw that D.J. Taylor wrote it, who wrote about the Bright Young People which I adored, and nearly went mad! 

I'm sure I'll crush on it like a Flapper's Dapper.

2 comments:

Simon (Savidge Reads) said...

I haven't read it but I do have it on the TBR pile, the era sounds like just the sort of thing I would love... One to read after The Green Carnation Prize I think!

DM said...

It starts in Kansas and ends up in High Society London...A "Becky Sharp" kind of story! It's good so far!